The Comox Valley Economic Development Strategy and Implementation Plan, released in 2006, presented comprehensive objectives to strengthen the economic base of the region and contribute to sustainable prosperity for Valley residents and businesses. Comox Valley Economic Development has since targeted these specific objectives of this strategy as follows:
- Establish a strong food and beverage processing cluster.
- Encourage development of an air transportation cluster.
- Facilitate development of knowledge-based and environmental technology businesses.
- Undertake strategic tourism destination and product development initiatives.
- Capitalize upon opportunities associated with the 2010 Olympic Winter Games.
- Stimulate further development of value-added wood products.